2010年7月18日星期日

My pal - Kopi

As a child grew up in suburban of Msia, i have the luxury of the forest near to my father's employee dormitory. And because of this , we were keeping like 30 dogs for the employer, to safe guard his factory and employees from wild animals and bad guys.

The leader of these 30 dogs, was a big male dog with tigerlike furs, black stripes over orange furs, we named it Kopi. Everyday after school, i would carry a big pot of coarse rice porridge (with bones / veggie from our family leftover) cooked by my mother and walk towards the back yard. These hungry animals would smell their meal from far far away and rush to their dining room immediately with barking sound happily. No one fights with Kopi for the porridge scoop on to first bowl, i would usually go from one bowl to another , until the porridge in the pot is cleared. Then i would play with Kopi for a while , like hand shaking ,if i extend my hand towards its, it would do the same too with its fore leg, i would shake its leg, sometimes i would ride on it as if it is my horse. Although ir is a king in its pack, it will never reject my play and never hurt me although its height is about my waist already. I have always been a loner in my own family , after returning from my grandparents home, Kopi has been my only pal who kept me accompany, and many playful moments we have shared, it just cannot talk.

I would not forget that fateful afternoon, a f*cked up driver who knocked Kopi down on the road outside our dormitory. As the road is not frequently travelled , there is almost no traffic usually on that road, i believe the f*cker was speeding and he knocked down Kopi when it was about to cross the road to the jungle opposite the road to play. By the time I saw Kopi lying on the road side , bleeding from its mouth, it was dead. It was dead. I knew i have lost my friend. Till nowadays , i cannot forget Kopi. I still like dogs, for dogs will never look down on you , never cheat on you, give a little and they will return alot to you.

Darby

没有评论: